About Me, Policies & FAQ
Hi! I'm Lani. I'm 27 and I live in Lower Hutt, New Zealand, with my husband Mike, our sons Noel and Patrick and our cats, Wesley and Lola.
I've always loved makeup and nail polish. I have fond memories of insisting my little sister and her friends let me paint their nails, and getting to play with Mum's eyeshadow when she and Dad were getting ready for a night out was a special treat. Once I was old enough to start wearing makeup myself, my passion really took off! I love to experiment with makeup and have made it a central part of my artwork and photography in the past. It's remained a creative outlet over the years so it was only natural to make the move to blogging!
I really love blogging. I enjoy sharing my swatches and experiences, especially products that can be difficult to find accurate swatches for, like Korean and indie cosmetics.
How do you do your swatches?
- I swatch most eyeshadows dry on bare skin unless otherwise mentioned. Occasionally I'll swatch some of my loose or shimmery shadows (mostly indie brands) over Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy, which will always be mentioned in the post.
- I swatch lip products on bare lips (unless I'm posting a layering combo, which will be mentioned in the post). During a long lip swatching session I do apply balm between swatches, but I remove this before the next swatch as I feel balm can affect the product's true texture and appearance.
- I'm currently using a Canon 600D with an 18-55mm lens.
- For my arm swatches, product photography and nail polish swatches, I use a three point lighting set up with daylight bulbs.
- My lip swatches and full face photos are lit with a diffused ring light.
To contact me about product reviews or other general enquiries, please see my Contact Me/PR tab.