MAC Permanent Nude & Neutral Lipstick Swatches & Review Part Two09:00
Purchased by me/Contains affiliate links
It's high time I posted the next set of permanent nude/neutral MAC lipstick swatches! If you missed it, you can find my previous post featuring Myth, Honeylove, Patisserie, Hug Me, Faux and Fast Play here.
The neutral/nude category is very subjective (you may consider some of these too rosy or brown for nudes and that's okay! I'm showing you what I would pair with any makeup look as a neutral lip colour). Each shade will of course look different on varying skintones - for reference, I wear NC15 in MAC foundations. I do have a lot of shades to show you (this is part two of at least three posts) so if nothing in this post looks suitable for you, hold tight because there will be more!
Shy Girl is described as a 'creamy neutral coral beige' and a has a Cremesheen finish. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Shy Girl, sometimes I think it's too orange and other times I think it's perfection! It has semi-opaque colour pay off and a tendency to latch onto any uneven lip texture. Shy Girl lasts for three hours on me and isn't drying.
Modesty is described as a 'creamy neutral pink' and has a Cremesheen finish. I'm at a loss as to how I overlooked this one at the MAC counter for so long, it's beautiful! If you like MAC Patisserie but want something a little more opaque I'd definitely recommend Modesty. It has opaque, even colour and wears for four and a half hours without being drying.
Brave is described as a 'pink-beige white white pearl' and has a Satin finish. The white pearl is very subtle and adds a little nuance rather than any sheen. Brave applied smoothly with great opacity and decent wear time at four and a half hours. It wasn't drying.
Cosmo is described as 'pink coco' and has an Amplified finish. Another one I don't know why I didn't pick up sooner! Cosmo has the full colour and shine typical of the Amplified formula and wears for a very respectable (and non drying) five hours.
Taupe is described as a 'muted reddish-taupe brown' and has a Matte finish. Although not new to MAC's permanent range, it was one of the first nineties brown lip colours I tried when the trend really took hold and it's still one of my favourites. It's one of MAC's older matte formulas, so it isn't as creamy as some of the newer colours, although it's not as stiff as the Retro Mattes either. Taupe wore for five hours on me and was noticeably drying.
Whirl is described as a 'dirty rose' and has a Matte finish. This is a fairly new addition to the permanent range and it has the creamier formulation and slight sheen of the newer mattes. Whirl is a breeze to apply, has excellent colour pay off and wears for six hours without being drying.
- All shades had great (or buildable), even colour pay off
- Most shades had smooth, forgiving application and textures
- Wear time ranged between three and six hours
- Shy Girl, Brave, Modesty, Cosmo and Whirl weren't drying
- Taupe was noticeably drying
- Shy Girl was unforgiving of uneven lip texture
- M•A•C Britomart, Atrium on Takutai, Auckland.
- M•A•C Ponsonby, 130 – 134 Ponsonby Road, Auckland.
- M•A•C Westfield St Lukes, 80 St Lukes Rd, Mount Albert.
- M•A•C Botany, Fountain Lane North, Botany Town Centre.
- Smith & Caughey’s Queen St, 253-261 Queen St, Auckland.
- Smith & Caughey’s Newmarket, 225 Broadway, Newmarket.
- Farmers Centre Place, Shop 81, 501 Victoria Street, Hamilton.
- Beauty Boutique Pop-Up, 102-112 Lambton Quay, Wellington.
- Ballantynes, City Mall, Christchurch.
- M•A•C Westfield Riccarton, 113 Riccarton Road, Christchurch.
- Arthur Barnett, 285 George St, Dunedin.
- Farmers Queensgate, Lower Hutt
- MAC Cosmetics (US site)
- Specktra.net Clearance Bin
- Facebook sales groups
- Trade Me
Which of these is your favourite?
Follow me on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin