Lust Have It September 2015 Box Review09:46
Provided for review
Whoops! I've gotten pretty behind on my Lust Have It box reviews, in no small part because the company has been all over the place the past few months with shipping delays and items missing. Today I'll be showing you the September 2015 box, which shipped midway through October and arrived toward the end of that month.
The theme for September was 'on the go', so lots of travel friendly and long wearing products! My September Women's Beauty Box contained:
- Ofra Lipliner RRP $19.50AUD (full size)
- Designer Brands Twist n Go Nail Polish Remover RRP $4.95AUD (full size)
- White Glo Professional Choice Whitening Toothpaste RRP $5.49AUD for full size (sample size included)
Goodness knows I could use some teeth whitening, but I haven't noticed a significant change with this yet (I have only been using it for a few weeks). It tastes fine though and does a good job of cleaning teeth.
- Kerastase Resistance Bain Force Architecte RRP $42.00AUD for full size (sample size included)
- Kerastase Resistance Masque Force Architecte RRP $62.00AUD for full size (sample size included)
- UB Cosmetics Tint Stick RRP $23.00AUD (full Size)
- Your Tea Skin Magic Tea RRP $35.00USD (for a box of 60). There are supposed to be six sachets included, but there was only one. In October they included a note on the card apologising and saying they were including the other five, but again, only one sachet arrived. Finally the remaining sachets arrived in the November box, but what a lot of mucking around! That being said, I haven't tried them as I'm really not a tea person but may pass them onto my sister.
First up is the Designer Brands Twist N Go nail polish remover, which is a pot of polish remover with a sponge inside so that you can dip your finger in, twist it around a few times and easily remove all your nail polish. To really put it to the test I tried it with a glitter laden polish (365 Days of Color Marshmallow & Lilypad) and it took 3-4 dips, but it did remove it. If you've ever used a glittery nail polish you'll know what a colossal pain in the butt they can be to remove, so I was pleased with the results. It works much more quickly and easily with regular cream and shimmer polishes.
A few criticisms; it promises to remove 'even the most stubborn nail polish in 1 second', which is a ridiculous and unrealistic claim - I can't think of many brands that could remove stubborn glitter, flakie and texture polishes without a decent amount of soaking first! It also claims to be moisturising which I didn't agree with either, you can see in the picture above that my cuticles look pretty dry. But for all that it is a convenient product and I'll keep using it - just don't expect miracles!
I'm always looking for hair products that will help with the condition and appearance of my hair so I'm looking forward to trying these, they smell really good too!
This Universal Beauty Tint Stick has amazing colour pay off and wears really well! It also has a value of $23AUD which makes it worth more than the price of the box just on its own - pretty bargainous. Let me know if you'd like to see a full review on this.
Finally we have the Ofra Lipliner in the shade Wine. I was pretty excited to try this because this brownish-rose hue is so on trend at the moment, but I found it to be quite a let down. When swatched on your arm or hand it feels fine, but on lips it's painfully stiff and takes a lot of layering to outline, let alone fill in lips - and all the while, it's tugging and dragging. Just not a good time.
All in all this was a pretty mixed bag for me. I was super excited for the cosmetics but the lipliner was a real let down. Still you can't win them all and it is a risk of these subscription services!
Follow me on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin