Lippy Lover Gift Guide 201502:01
Purchased by me/Provided for review/Contains affiliate links
Here's my last gift guide for this holiday season! Being an unabashed lippy addict myself I love putting together a wee list of my favourite products as suggestions for anyone shopping for a lipstick lover or perhaps just treating themselves. The only hard part is choosing which to include - I have a lot of favourites :D
- Lime Crime Velvetines Trio. Containing three brand new shades at a discounted rate of $44USD (they're usually $20USD each), I had to snap up the holiday trio and it might be just the thing for the lipstick fiend on your shopping list too! Included are two 'safe' shades, Buffy (buff nude), Beet It (deep wine) and the more daring Peacock (blue-green). I previously reviewed some of the existing Velvetines here and here.
- ColourPop Lippie Stix. I'm obsessed with ColourPop's Lippie Stix, the wide colour range and bargain price of $5USD, not to mention the fabulous quality and chocolate chip cookie scent keep me coming back for more! The shades pictured are Frenchie, Topanga and Toucan, plus check out my ColourPop archive for swatches and reviews.
- Jack Black Lip Balm is a must have for any lipstick addict, after all there's a lot of maintenance involved in keeping lips flake free and hydrated to be lippy-ready at all times! I flit around lots of different lip balms but always come back to the Jack Black ones as they're intensely hydrating and give great results quickly. It's available at Fresh Fragrances & Cosmetics.
- Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipsticks are my new love. The only problem you'll have giving these as gifts will be the curses that will rain upon you from the recipients once they try them and realise they need to own every shade ever, like, yesterday. Two of my favourites, Hoe Hoe Hoe from the holiday collection and Anna Nicole are pictured. Pick 'em up on RY, Showpo or on the JS site.
- Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipsticks are sure to impress with their glossy black studded packaging. and badass colours In addition to the permanent full size lipstcks, there are also sets containing mini lipsticks like the ones I've included here - aren't they freaking adorable?! I've shown some of my favourite shades, Adora and Countess, and I've also reviewed Poe here. Shop a selection on Sephora Australia or Sephora US.
- Darling Girl Pucker Paints are some of my favourite liquid lipsticks because they're super pigmented, well priced and the colour range is both eclectic and gorgeous. I've reviewed a heap of them here, here, here and here but pictured is one of my (current!) favourites, Spider Cider.
- YSL Rouge Pur Couture are the ultimate luxury lipsticks in my book, contested only by YSL's other lipstick line, the Rouge Voluptes! Anyone receiving one of these for Christmas will feel super pampered. You can find my review of four shades here, including the one pictured, Le Orange, and shop at Fresh Fragrances & Cosmetics, Amazon or selected department stores nationwide.
- This MAC Coral Lip Palette is one of three lip palettes released by MAC with this year's holiday collection (the others are pink and Viva Glam themed) and it's a goodie with three sweet corals from the permanent range. Great gifting for the lipstick addict on the go! I reviewed the Coral lip palette here and it's available at MAC counters nationwide.
- YSL Rouge Voluptes are the creamier, glossier cousins to the Rouge Pur Coutures and they're equally luxurious. Definitely a great option for spoiling someone with! Here I've shown #1 Nude Beige which is a gorgeous pale nude. They're available at Fresh Fragrances & Cosmetics, Amazon and selected department stores nationwide.
- Karen Murrell lipsticks are a great pick for anyone who prefers their cosmetics to have an ecologically friendly, natural slant. They have a well edited selection of shades to choose from and I have swatches of a good amount of them! You can browse the Karen Murrell archive to see them - pictured is Peony Petal, which will be reviewed soon. They have a couple of great lip sets available for the holiday season and they're available from selected pharmacies, department stores and health shops.
- Notoriously Morbid Mystic Mattes are another indie liquid matte formula I've been loving lately and they also have a really cool shade range - the pictured shade, Juju, is a bit of a cruel choice on my part as it was a limited edition colour but I've reviewed most of the permanent range here and here for plenty of other choices! I particularly like Sacrifice, Sorceress and Awaken.
- Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil. I haven't yet met a Bite lip product I didn't like and I'm sure anyone receiving Bite products for Christmas will feel the same. The High Pigment Pencil is particularly nice because it twists up and applies super opaque colour really precisely and easily, so it's great for a no fuss on the go lippy. Look out for this shade, Bouquet, coming up on the blog in January. It's available at RY and Sephora Australia.
- Darling Girl Balm Glosses. Gloss fans will be immediately enamored by these indie beauties, which are super hydrating, pigmented and come in unique shades, lots of which include mesmerising contrasting shimmer. Plus they're very easy on the wallet at $6USD! I reviewed a bunch here, including the pictured shade, Princess of the Amazons.
Phew! Thanks for sticking with me with these gift guides :) I hope your holiday shopping is going well!
Follow me on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin