MAC Haute Dogs - Posh Pedigree Mineralize Eyeshadow x 4 and Lap Dog Mineralize Glass Swatches & Review00:24
Provided for review/Contains affiliate links
MAC have been hitting hard and heavy of late with a bunch of new collections hitting counters nationwide, including Haute Dogs on September 7th. I'm obviously a bit late with this review, my youngest is going through a very mischievous, hands on stage and time to myself has been in short supply (and mostly spent sleeping)! Fortunately, this collection is still readily available so there's time to pick up any wishlist items. I have two items to show you today, so let's get stuck into it!
Haute Dogs is a limited edition canine themed Mineralize collection:
This is actually my first time trying out MAC's Mineralize eyeshadow formula! I've been a big fan of their Mineralize Skinfinishes for years but hadn't ventured any further into their Mineralize line up until recently. The quad comes in a matte black compact with a decent sized mirror, magnetic closure - and NO dinky applicators! I love that MAC don't muck around with those, mine get passed onto the kids for play makeup (or Patrick tries to eat them).
Swatched on bare skin under daylight bulbs
Posh Pedigree ($118NZD) contains a quartet of mostly cool tones; an ivory with gold shimmer, a cool taupe, a smokey brown and a dark, charcoal hued olive green. They have buildable colour pay off and blend well when applied dry, although I thought they looked quite muddy when I tried wearing them alone; I got cross and started again without taking pictures (bad blogger!). The next time I wore them, pictured below, I layered them over Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy, which is a sticky eyeshadow adhesive that intensifies colour and shimmer. This worked exceptionally well to bring out the colours more. The darkest shade was very stiff to blend over the Epoxy, so I wouldn't try it again with that particular colour, but the others were great.
PS - the only picture you will see of my hair like this. Had a hairdresser mishap (now remedied).
If you can't bear the thick, tacky viscosity of MAC's regular lipglasses, you've gotta try the Mineralize Glass. Bearing the same (IMO) great vanilla scent as the bulk of MAC's lip products, the Mineralize Glass formula is thin, lightweight and nonsticky but feels just as cushiony and hydrating as the original Lipglass. I need more of these!
They come in a long tube which is flared like a rather subtle hourglass. The applicator is a paddle shaped sponge which has a slightly concave curve to the breadth of it, helping it to hug the lips as you apply. I find this applicator style prevents you from overapplying, as more of the product is held back than with a traditional doefoot, but this can be a bit annoying as it takes several pulls to pick up enough gloss to apply evenly.
Lap Dog ($58NZD) is a pale light pinky nude with sheer colour pay off. In the tube it has some pretty pink shimmer but this doesn't really translate on the lips, more's the pity - I love some contrasting shimmer! You can see this close up that it settles into lip lines a bit, but I didn't notice it from a normal viewing distance, it's just a lovely milky nude. Lap Dog lasts three hours on me and is hydrating.
What I liked:
- Posh Pedigree has buildable colour pay off and blends well (on bare skin or over primer)
- Mineralize Eyeshadow x 4 compact has a decent sized mirror and magnetic closure
- Mineralize Glass formula is non sticky
- Lap Dog wore for three hours
- Lap Dog is hydrating
What I didn't like:
- Posh Pedigree eyeshadows look muddy when applied alone
- Darkest shade from Posh Pedigree was difficult to blend over a sticky base
- The Mineralize Glass applicator is shaped so that you need to re-dip several times to get enough product
Where to buy:
- M.A.C Britomart, Atrium on Takutai, Auckland.
- M.A.C Ponsonby, 130-134 Ponsonby Road, Auckland.
- M.A.C Westfield St Lukes, 80 St Lukes Rd, Mount Albert.
- M.A.C Botany, Fountain Lane North, Botany Town Centre.
- Smith & Caughey’s Queen St, 253-261 Queen St, Auckland.
- Smith & Caughey’s Newmarket, 225 Broadway, Newmarket.
- Farmers Centre Place, Shop 81, 501 Victoria Street, Hamilton.
- Kirkcaldie & Stains, 165-177 Lambton Quay, Wellington.
- Farmers Westfield Queensgate, Queens Drive, Lower Hutt
- Ballantynes, City Mall, Christchurch.
- M.A.C Westfield Riccarton, 113 Riccarton Road, Christchurch.
- Arthur Barnett, 285 George St, Dunedin.
- MAC Cosmetics (US)
- Specktra.net Clearance Bin
- Facebook sales groups
- Trade Me
Have you picked up anything from Haute Dogs?
Follow me on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin